Saturday, December 2, 2006

spindlitis ornament exchange








Hi, again. Last year (or perhaps the year before) some of us on spindlitis (a yahoo group) decided to use Easter Egg dye on our handspun and make something of it. Well, I got as far as the dyeing and spinning, but never made anything from that lovely yarn until this year, when the spindlitis group had an ornament exchange from our handspun. Teri Pittman, list owner, graciously allowed me to participate, even tho I'm a wheel spinner and only demo briefly on spindles when out in public. These tiny mittens and socks are from the Interweave Press book Christmas


Stockings, way in the back. Actually, they
are just "regular" mittens and socks done on 24 sts around. This last photo is to show the difference in size between the mini-sock and one to fit my foot. It's just a trick of the camera that the colors look the same - they are really quite different.





1 comment:

Kat said...

You just have way too many fun things! I love all the bright colors. The ornaments are too fun--my kids would steal those in a heartbeat if I put them on a tree. :-)